Wednesday, March 30

Student Writing Samples

Skating is fun but it can leave a mark. We had a field trip to the Pettit ice center. Skating was really fun but it hurts a lot. When we came on the rink I started wobbling a lot and fell on the ice. I started pushing off one leg and I fell 1 to 5 times on my butt. I was just ready to give up when the instructor skated over to me and told me to place my legs in a V shape and push off both legs,  I started picking up speed until “smack!” I hit the wall. I bent my legs the wrong way and I cried a little. Then I had help up. I still skated. At the end of my class and my field trip I learned that skating hurts a lot.
By: Jonas


Ice skating is one of the craziest experiences I’ve had in my life so far. Eating my not so delectable lunch before skating made my lunch taste twice as good as before. Was it all the excitement that makes it taste so delicious? Putting my size 6 skates on was harder than catching a squirrel with
 your bare hands. Finally, an adult came over to help tie the long laces on the skates. The laces were so long, according to me, she had to double-tie. Skating on the ice rink was the hardest. It took a while to get used to not falling down like a heavy rock. Figure skating is the most challenging sport I’ve ever conquered.
By: Jonathan

One miserable and rainy day, I was mowing my lawn with my 96,000 horsepower lawnmower. Suddenly, I heard a newscast from my mom’s room. “Code red tornado alert for Carson City.” “Oh, no!” my mom wept. As fast as we could scramble; we came upon the storm cellar. Our specific cellar had very damp wood covering the floor. Luckily, we had a pantry in the room and full power flashlight in the area. The hideous tornado lasted an entire hour! When the storm ended, there was a lot of vicious damage done. It knocked everything down! Such a thing took a few months to recover from, and then everything was back to normal again. That’s the story of the strongest tornado ever.
By: Alyse


One night when I was doing my homework a huge gust of wind rattled the siding. A tremendous tornado was coming. I zipped downstairs but the tornado was to fast as light and I was sucked out the window and slammed against the neighbors house. I was  injured but I had to keep traveling.
It has been five days and a dog keeps following me.  I heard foot steps behind me and then something tried to grab me. The dog and I rushed away from him but he was too speedy. Then the dog bit him. I called the cops to drive the kidnapper to court. He didn’t get there because a twister hit the police car.
By: Jared