Saturday, April 30

Student Paragraphs on the Multiplication Tournament

Did you hear that I beat Cameron but not Madison in the math tournament? When it was my turn, I was nervous. Then we started. My heart was pounding and then next thing I knew Cameron was winning and I was falling behind. When the buzzer went off we counted all of our cards, Cameron had 23 or 26. I had 29 cards! I was full of excitement! After all of that, I was against Madison. I was afraid that Madison would win. We competed and then counted our cards. Madison had ten flash cards, I had only nine flash cards. I was sad, but at least I went against her. In the end, Brianna had first place, Jose had second place, Madison had third, and Dylan had fourth place. Soon, the entire math tournament was finished and we ate ice cream. I chose a kind of swirled vanilla and chocolate ice cream with sprinkles and regular white whipped cream with some chocolate syrup.

-By Amirah

I earned third place in multiplication tournament! In my first round I dueled Banner. My math skills crushed him. Once Zoe, who was holding the green flashcards, didn't even hold up a card and I answered it. Banner said, "Hey! I wasn't ready!"  Then I got a "Sweet Sixteen" certificate. Next, I went
to compete against Amirah. My math skills beat her math skills, but I only beat Amirah by a little. Then, I earned an "Elite Eight" ribbon. Now I came to my third round. My opponent was Brianna. Brianna beat me in that round, but it wasn't over for me yet. One round was left for me and that was dueling Dylan. Dylan lost against me, but we all won medals. All in all, the multiplication tournament turned out to be sweet!

-By Madison

Why can't we have a rematch? To begin with, I lost because Dylan was friends with Chris, the sixth grade boy who was our multiplication flashcard holder guy. I lost because when Dylan and I tied, Chris would toss the green flashcard to Dylan. Then, I had to wait a huge amount of time for the tournament to be over. It's like waiting in line for a famous roller coaster. Tick-tock, Tick-tock. While I waited, we had a collage of flavors of soothing ice-cream to pick from. Finally, I was glad this nonsense was over. So you can see, I was supposed to move further along in the tournament.

-By Tori