Sunday, November 11

Class Dojo

For parents who have been monitoring your child's Class Dojo account, you may be concerned with an increase in negative behavior reported. While I would still like you to discuss this behavior with your child, I also wanted to explain why there was an uptick.

This week I realized that while I had been documenting participation and other positive behaviors consistently, I had not been documenting the times that students speak without raising their hands or talk to friends. This last week I made a distinct effort to record negative behaviors as much as positive. As a result, you will see their reports looking much different than they had in the past. This is
not because their behavior has changed, but because I have been making note of it.

 My goal now is to help children reduce the number of negative behaviors recorded by improving their behavior so that their reports can look as exceptionally positive as they had before.